:: Re: [Dng] OT: Linux kernel and the …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: Gravis, dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] OT: Linux kernel and the force behind it

Le 20/02/2015 16:25, Gravis a écrit :
> D-Bus has existed for about a decade if not more. As far as I can
> tell, ZeroMQ has existed for a few years. Also, D-Bus is written in
> the fashion that matches how the GTK API which is a C API. libdbus
> has lots of language wrappers.
>
> D-Bus is more for RPC than IPC which is an issue as there is no
> standard in POSIX for RPC.

     Thanks Gravis for putting exact data in the discussion It makes
more sense.

     Nevertheless, I think RPC is overkill for DE's interaction with
hardware events. I guess it is mostly dedicated to provide Gnome's or
KDE's integrated apps a better interaction with their respective
window-manager than foreign apps.

     I must confess I discovered ZeroMQ recently; it looks like the
thing the programmer always needed since the advent of networking. I was
blaming myself for not having used it in a multi-host+multi-language
project started 7 years ago, but, well, it didn't exist yet :-).

     Didier