:: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
Top Pagina
Auteur: Nate Bargmann
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
* On 2015 20 Feb 11:56 -0600, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 08:59:33 -0800
> Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:
>
> > We all knew this was coming . . .
> >
> > KDE Will Depend on 'logind' and 'timedated' in 6 Months
> >
> > https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=15/02/20/101235

Following on here since I inadvertently deleted Go Linux's post.

Ughh, so they will apparently drop "legacy" support. Why? What does it
hurt? Why is backward compatibility anathema to these people? I
couldn't care less if they want to use various systemd services, but why
can there only be one way? Imagine the chaos if the maintainers of the
C library behaved in a like manner (okay, we'd have Python, but I
digress ;-).

I guess that I am simply too dense to "get" the current paradigm.
Actually, I do get it and this is now simply unacceptable behavior from
supposedly free software projects.

- Nate