:: Re: [Dng] systemd free badge
Top Pagina
Auteur: hellekin
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] systemd free badge
On 02/21/15 06:08, Jaromil wrote:

> how about designing a badge that all distros that are systemd free can show?

*** I think some kind of cross-distros work is good. Code sharing will
be facilitated with good inter-distros communication.

On the one hand, I understand the urge to polarize against systemd: it
can be used to denounce its bad aspects and strengthen the identity of
the project.

On the other hand, giving more attention to systemd than it deserves may
cause a disservice to the community. Debian existed before systemd was
even thought of, and so Devuan should rather build on this legacy rather
than reducing itself to a reactionary stance.

Both edges are sharp: the former focuses on the momentum, and the latter
focuses more on the long term. I've read both "systemd is here to stay"
and "systemd is a fad". Watching empty hands...

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/