:: Re: [Dng] WIP: mdev packaging
Góra strony
Autor: Isaac Dunham
Dla: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] WIP: mdev packaging
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 07:09:28PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@???> wrote:

> >> awesome.
> >
> > And pushed.
>
> interesting... /etc/modules.d/* error goes away but still no
> /etc/passwd or /etc/group file so still the same errors. both times i
> had done an apt-purge udev followed by update-initramfs -u

Now I'm lost.
update-initramfs calls mkinitramfs which refreshes the initramfs,
calling /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/* .
And /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/mdev makes a stub /etc/passwd
and copies /etc/group almost first thing.
So in theory, that should not happen.

I'm wondering what 'lsinitramfs /initrd.img' says is there--especially
the contents of /etc, /sbin, and /scripts/, and what you get if you
add a "mkinitramfs was here" type message to both ends of the mdev hook.

I seem to recall there's some shell option you can set that shows the
commands being run a la DOS ECHO on, but don't remember what it is.
Setting that in the mdev hook then running update-initramfs -u
may be the most useful approach.

Also, is this Jessie or Sid (I used Jessie)? And does it work if you
uninstall udev but don't purge it (which I believe is what I did)?

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham