:: Re: [Dng] OT: Linux kernel and the …
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Gravis
Dátum:
Címzett: dng@lists.dyne.org
Új témák: Re: [DNG] [Dng] OT: Linux kernel and the force behind it
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] OT: Linux kernel and the force behind it
> But I wonder why people have developped dbus instead of using a
ready-made, well-tested, lightweight, language-agnostic middleware? Yes it
exsts; there's at least one, ZeroMQ.

D-Bus has existed for about a decade if not more. As far as I can tell, ZeroMQ
has existed for a few years. Also, D-Bus is written in the fashion that
matches how the GTK API which is a C API. libdbus has lots of language
wrappers.

D-Bus is more for RPC than IPC which is an issue as there is no standard in
POSIX for RPC.

--Gravis