:: Re: [Dng] OT: Linux kernel and the …
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Aldemir Akpinar
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Oggetto: Re: [Dng] OT: Linux kernel and the force behind it

>     BTW I think nobody here cares about having Devuan support Gnome. The
> do-it-all DEs,
> those providing their own integrated replacement for every application,
> are, by design,
> opposed to the Nix principles. It is not a surprise that systemd and Gnome
> are working
> together.

I would say +1 for everything that is written with this e-mail and above.
However, there's one thing here,
there are more people running servers than people running linux on their
desktops, so IMHO devuan should first focus on the servers.
So I am quite hopeful about Jude's work that it will solve many of my
headaches.
On the other hand, I know systemd is a bigger problem when you install
anything with a GUI on linux, so I understand many of you guys'
frustrations.
But I think if we are going to sort this problem out we'd better aim a
bigger audience first.

This is my 2 cents.
--
aldemir