:: Re: [Dng] The value of good docs: w…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Didier Kryn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Gravis, dng@lists.dyne.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] The value of good docs: was pre-alpha-valentine on qemu

        Was probably based on deprecated printed-doc time philosophy ;-)

        Didier

    Le 17/02/2015 17:57, Gravis a écrit :

          document that makes installation and use trivial, and makes it

> simple, is
            worth its weight in gold.

the instructions
            dont actually weigh anything so saying it's worth it's
            weight in gold is saying they aren't worth anything. ;)

--Gravis

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Steve
          Litt
<slitt@???>
          wrote:

On Sun, 15
            Feb 2015 02:52:12 +0000

            KatolaZ <
katolaz@???>
            wrote:

            > Hi guys,

            > a few simple steps to have Devuan-pre-alpha-valentine
            installed and

http://mirror.debianfork.org/devuan-jessie-i386-xfce-prealpha-valentine.iso"

            > 1)$ apt-get install qemu-kvm

            > 2)$ qemu-img create devuan_disk 5G

            >     (creates a 5G qemu disk image for devuan)

            > 3)$ qemu-system-x86_64 -cdrom

            > devuan-jessie-i386-xfce-prealpha-valentine.iso -hda
            devuan_disk -boot

            > d -net nic -net user -m 256 -localtime & (installs
            Devuan on the qemu

            > disk image)

            > 4)$ qemu-system-x86_64  -hda devuan_disk -boot c -net
            nic -net user

            > -m 256 -localtime & (boots the system)

            > Just two words: IT WORKS :)

            No way did I have time to install the pre-alpha Valentine,
            and that

            fact distressed me because I was one of those asking for a
            quick

            release as a confidence builder. But I just didn't have the
            time.

            Then KatolaZ exactly documented the four steps to
            installation, and I

            said "I can do that in my sleep, while doing other work!" So
            I did it,

            and it worked (although slowly because -enable-kvm wasn't in
            the

            commands). KatolaZ' four step document.

            A document that makes installation and use trivial, and
            makes it

            simple, is worth its weight in gold. Thanks KatolaZ.

            SteveT

            Steve Litt                *
http://www.troubleshooters.com/
            Troubleshooting Training  *  Human Performance