:: [Dng] Important changes in Linux 3.…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: joerg
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: [Dng] Important changes in Linux 3.20 (4.0?)
As you may have read, Linus Torvalds considers to call the next Linux release 4.0 instead of 3.20. Many people have been wondering why, but there is one quite radical feature hidden in the new version.- OverlayFS now supports multiple read-only layers.- Many Intel DRM graphics driver improvements.- Improvements to KVM for bettering Linux virtualization.- TPM 2.0 support for trusted computing.- Live kernel patching support via KDBUS.- Fixes to the F2FS file-system.- Some basic changes to XFS.- An important AMD Hawaii GPU re-clocking fix.- Full IBM z13 system support.- Continued support improvements to Sony's PlayStation 3 with Linux even though Sony no longer supports the "Other OS" functionality.- Sound improvements, particularly around bettering the support for HP laptops.- The usual plethora of ACPI / power management updates.- New and updated input drivers and new HID hardware support.- Numerous media driver improvements. Kernel live patching makes KDBUS and systemD support mandatory! Who will maintain our kernel fork? Or maybe we should just move on to OpenSolaris, the only true Unix left? We have been warning people of this happening, but they did not listen!