:: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has m…
Góra strony
Autor: KatolaZ
Dla: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has modern Linux lost its way?"
On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 09:42:07AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:25:46 +0100
> Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:
>
> >      Same kind of dislike towards network-manager. This is the first
> > package I use to remove after installing Debian. The reason: I don't
> > know really what it does and how, but it goes in the middle of my
> > way. I am well off with ifplugd, wpa_supplicant and a roaming
> > configuration of wlan0.

> Didier,
>
> Please, please, PLEASE post instructions on how to do everything
> discussed in the preceding paragraph. I've had a lot of trouble
> replacing NetworkManager/Wicd with wpa_supplicant and iwlist, even
> though I know it's perfectly possible.
>
> If you could place these instructions on the web and let us know the
> URL, I know I'd be eternally grateful, and I bet I'm not alone.

Hi Steve,

I normally use wpa_supplicant for my usual wifi networks and wicd
(which sucks in many ways, unfortunately) to easily configure
on-the-fly networks I don't use more than once. You don't need the
network-manager nonsense at all to have an easy life with wifi
networks....

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]