:: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has m…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: Martijn Dekkers
CC: Devuan project
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has modern Linux lost its way?"
On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 07:33:51AM +0200, Martijn Dekkers wrote:

[cut]

> Whilst I am still utterly amazed with how awesome Linux servers are, I
> don't think we will ever get there with desktops.

Agree. That's exactly why, IMHO, we should focus on what GNU/Linux
does better, and refrain from gladly and blindly embracing the last
miscarriage-piece-of-software "for the good of the large masses of
desktop users". Simply put, there are no large masses of desktop
users, and IMHO never will be, so whenever something is proposed for
the good of these non-existing masses, an alarm should ring in our
heads.....

My2cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]