:: Re: [Dng] LILO
Inizio della pagina
Autore: karl
To: Dng
Oggetto: Re: [Dng] LILO
daniel.cegielka@???:

> and more:
>
> * LILO will not boot if you use something else than the MBR, this means:
> * LILO will not boot if you GPT.
> * You will not use HDD bigger than 2TB.
>
> and:
>
> * LILO will not boot if you something else than x86/x86_64, so you
> will not use lilo on eg ARM.
> * LILO will not boot if you use RAID.
> * LILO will not boot if you use BTRFS.
> * LILO will not boot if you use partition-less schema (raw hdd):
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dng@lists.dyne.org/msg00480.html

I don't know, I must be doing something wrong. I have this motherboard

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/970A-G46.html

and two GPT-partitioned 3TB disks using md-raid (mirror), and LILO still
boots this thing. How should I fix that ?

I have never had any problems with lilo, but then again I always have a
small /boot partition first in the partition list.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148