:: Re: [Dng] Raspberry Pi 2
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Raspberry Pi 2

hi Robert,

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015, Robert Storey wrote:

>    I just saw this announcement: Raspberry Pi 2 Now on Sale for US$35
>    [1]http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/

>    Anyway, it's got an ARM7 processor, so at last there is a Pi that
>    is fast enough to use as a real computer. The relevance for us here
>    on this list is that this looks like a good target for Devuan
>    sometime in the future when we've got a final release.

>    No hurry of course. Just wanted to share the news with other Pi
>    enthusiasts. Right now I'm running Raspbian on mine, but since I
>    imagine they will go systemd (if they haven't already - don't know
>    since I haven't updated) I will definitely be looking for an
>    alternative distro.

Yes. I'm even planning to make it an explicit target of the SDK, like
rpi and rpi2, to wrap around the settings needed for those arm
processors. I also use rpis a lot and the RPI2 is already available also
in the Netherlands, I've ordered a few the other day...

BTW, if we can get a fullfillment service to work for us at the
percentage of the cost, we could also sell Devuan pre-installed RPIs
from our website. Please everyone keep your eyes peeled for such
opportunitites, I'm not aware of anyone doing this ATM, but I'm talking
about it with friends in the Arduino company already.

ciao

--
Jaromil, Dyne.org Free Software Foundry (est. 2000)
We are free to share code and we code to share freedom