:: Re: [Dng] LILO
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Gravis
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Oggetto: Re: [Dng] LILO
> I withdraw my "systemd of bootloaders" comment

good because it doesn't fit the situation at all.

> You spend twenty minutes reviewing docs on which of the many files to
> put your modifications in and the commands to use, you do it just that
> way, and it doesn't work.

if it's not working then either documentation is flawed or you are
doing something wrong. my money is on the latter. sure configuring
it may be a mess but it works (otherwise it wouldn't be ubiquitous)
and you also have the option of using a GUI to simplify the process.

> Personally, I see absolutely no use for splash screens or "quiet".

what i'm reading here is, "it's not MY preference and I'm important."

--Gravis