:: Re: [Dng] Towards systemd-free pack…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Towards systemd-free packages
On Sun, 08 Feb 2015, Jude Nelson wrote:

>    I'm interested in maintaining dbus,

that's good news!

>    but I don't quite understand the
>    proposed workflow for base packages.*

I'm doing my best to detail it here

https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-sdk/blob/master/README.md

the local Build part also works, but is not yet documented.

However the sequence is:

build-deps name-of-staged-package
build-sync
build-start
build-finish
build-sign

and signed packages are then found in the sdk subdir builds/

there is also a very simple way to serve packages in builds/ over local
http to test them on the same machine or on the LAN.

next step will be the baking mechanism to prepare install isos.

>    It sounds Jenkins will pull the sources nightly from Debian (not
>    upstream)

typo? will pull them from Devuan's gitlab

>    and try to build Debian packages from them, but with the Devuan
>    versioning scheme.*

will simply try to build them. the versioning is changed in git.

>    If so, is there a standard way to ensure that the correct build
>    flags get set (i.e.  to disable systemd support and remove systemd
>    dependencies)?*

yes: this is done in the git repository and the SDK facilitates testing

>    Is this what the Devuan SDK is meant to address in a systematic
>    fashion?

yes. it also handles the import from Debian (checking signature and
hashes) and if a source of older version is already imported
automatically creates a new git branch for the new version, allowing
maintainers to examine the difference and merge by hand.

ciao

--
Jaromil, Dyne.org Free Software Foundry (est. 2000)
We are free to share code and we code to share freedom