:: Re: [Dng] LILO
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] LILO
On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 17:47:42 -0500
Gravis <ring3k@???> wrote:

> > From my perspective, Grub2 is the systemd or bootloaders.
>
> grub2 is well tested, does only one thing, has no interdependencies
> and is easily removed/replaced. so tell me, how is it the "systemd of
> boatloaders"?
>
> --Gravis

You spend twenty minutes reviewing docs on which of the many files to
put your modifications in and the commands to use, you do it just that
way, and it doesn't work.

OK, I withdraw my "systemd of bootloaders" comment because that gives
support to systemd. I'll just say Grub2 is a mixed up albatross, most
of whose complications are caused by a slavish fawning to those who
want to have the aesthetics of booting be "just so".

Personally, I see absolutely no use for splash screens or "quiet".
Especially if all that jazz causes more difficult configuration, and
especially a plethora of config files which must be compiled into one.

Which is why I'll be using either LILO or syslinux, with a <2GB drive
as root, whenever I build a desktop, or whenever a laptop goes out of
warranty so I can deep six its Windows.

SteveT