:: Re: [Dng] Community polls on Devuan…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Alban Crommer
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Community polls on Devuan design
Ola!

_Vote_: Why don't you guys install a poll plugin [1] on the w/systemd
wiki ? Simple install, free and well known platform, reusable and
meaningul users list.

_Contest_: Bit of a rushed and short-sighted process IMO.

1. You'll be living with it for years. Don't go for a one-shot logo. Go
for long term guidelines and establish a strong identity. The logo will
come naturally.

2. Competition Sucks, Collaboration Matters. Beauty contests are exactly
the inverse of that idea. Why not "Do It Together"? Works for code and
everything else.

Hence, I'd like designers who feel the same to regroup.

No management, just talking about who's on what with the restriction of
providing open source assets (ex: icons, research, etc.) in a
repository, all under Creative Commons, reusable by others.

Regarding money, if "collaborative" proposals win, why not give it to
EFF || Gnu || whatever non profit?

In the end, we'd get both the collaboration and the voting (which I
recognize as a fast, clear decision provider)

Go go go ?

_Design_: regarding hellekin's point on web design, well it was a bit of
a rushed job.

Accessibility MUST be considered but I didn't have the time.

Cheers

a:&

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Poll_extensions