:: Re: [Dng] What's new in Systemd
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Klaus Hartnegg
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] What's new in Systemd
On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 12:31:54 -0500 Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> I'm not a Star Trek guy. What is the exact meaning of the two
> "Resistance is Futile" slides? What point is the presentation trying
> to get across?

Whoever put this presentation together couldn't have used a worse analogy, because it induces resistance and hatred.

By analogy with Star-Trek it means they know they are the evil, who will eventually loose. The motto of the Borg is 'you will be assimilated, resistance is futile'. They are extremely dangerous, appear to be unstoppable, force everybody to join them, enslave them, take them their free will. But then Picard used his insider knowledge to show how to make a Borg ship explode. And later Janeway managed (in the final episode) to destroy the whole Borg transwarp network, which essentially locked them into their quadrant and made them irrelevant. Game over.

It evades me how somebody can use this analogy for himself. It's clearly the wrong side.

Sorry for the late reply, but when I first saw this, I was too upset to write something.

Does anybody have a version of the presentation cleared of all Star Trek slides? I would like to archive it, could be useful.