:: Re: [Dng] Crunchbag Linux calls it …
Góra strony
Autor: Steve Litt
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] Crunchbag Linux calls it quits
On Fri, 6 Feb 2015 09:53:27 -0600
Nate Bargmann <n0nb@???> wrote:

> http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=38916
>
> While I knew of its existence, I never tried Crunchbag, so I cannot
> comment on its features or user experience. Seems a shame that for
> whatever reason this Debian derivative is ceasing development.

Live by the systemd sword, die by the systemd sword. See this message,
and continue down by thread:

http://lists.svlug.org/pipermail/svlug/2014-October/059622.html

Crunchbang claimed to be all about clean and simple, but when Debian
went systemd, Crunchbang followed eagerly. Thereby alienating their user
base.

> I can't help but think that the adoption of systemd for Jessie and
> beyond played some role here. At least that is my take-away and may
> be completely at odds with the real reason(s).
>
> - Nate

I'm sure it did. Nobody who appreciates clean and simple could *like*
systemd, so the maintainer probably figured a Debian descendent that
kept taking its packages from Debian had no chance to ever get rid of
systemd. And of course, the transition to systemd alienated a big part
of Crunchbang's users. Heck, I never even tried it, because it was
systemd.

SteveT