:: [Dng] Crunchbag Linux calls it quit…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Nate Bargmann
A: dng
Assumpte: [Dng] Crunchbag Linux calls it quits
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=38916

While I knew of its existence, I never tried Crunchbag, so I cannot
comment on its features or user experience. Seems a shame that for
whatever reason this Debian derivative is ceasing development. The
article doesn't really cite specifics other than some things in the
Linux landscape "...have changed beyond all recognition. It’s called
progress, and for the most part, progress is a good thing. That said,
when progress happens, some things get left behind, and for me,
CrunchBang is something that I need to leave behind. I’m leaving it
behind because I honestly believe that it no longer holds any value, and
whilst I could hold on to it for sentimental reasons, I don’t believe
that would be in the best interest of its users, who would benefit from
using vanilla Debian."

I can't help but think that the adoption of systemd for Jessie and
beyond played some role here. At least that is my take-away and may be
completely at odds with the real reason(s).

- Nate