:: Re: [Dng] What's new in Systemd
Top Pagina
Auteur: T.J. Duchene
Aan: Vlad, dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] What's new in Systemd
On Tuesday, February 03, 2015 01:04:10 AM Vlad wrote:
> GNOME and KDE are bloated, and DEs should not put requirements on anything,
> they are nothing more than GUI alternatives to the shell.

DE's are not the only piece of software I was referring to. In the short run,
they are certainly the most obvious. Unless systemd magically "goes away" it
is very likely that it won't end there.

I think that Devuan should have a long term plan to address this.

Of course, it is also possible that Devuan will become a "systemd-free"
specialty distribution that follows your suggestion of absolute minimalism. I
don't see that being a good niche, since there are already plenty to fill that
area.