:: Re: [Dng] Boot loader?
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Steve Litt
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] Boot loader?
On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 00:19:55 +0100
Svante Signell <svante.signell@???> wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 17:39 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is it just me, or is Grub2 as complex and error prone as systemd?
> >
> > I'm wondering if we can have alternate boot loaders.
>
> So, what's the problem with grub?

No problem with Grub. Grub2 is the problem. Millions of files messing
with millions of variables, and sometime following the instructions of
which programs compile those files and which program puts it on the
mbr/guid or whatever it's called actually works.

I can probably find you five different ways in the Internet to change
the font size on booting, and none of them works.

Just like systemd, it's great if someone else does it for you, it's
horrific if you have to do some DIY.

SteveT