:: Re: [Dng] Boot loader?
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Philip Keogh
À: svante.signell
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Boot loader?
On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Svante Signell
<svante.signell@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 17:39 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it just me, or is Grub2 as complex and error prone as systemd?
>>
>> I'm wondering if we can have alternate boot loaders.
>
> So, what's the problem with grub?

Even without a "problem" it isn't hard to see how someone looking for
a system with a smaller codebase would want a replacement for grub if
a simpler solution works well for them:
549138 total lines in grub git repo master
62378 total lines in LILO git repo master

Anyone interested in continued LILO development should contact the
developer as he is currently planning to stop maintenance at the end
of the year. If it were the default bootloader in a popular distro, or
explicitly targeted long term, there would certainly be a resurgence
in interest from the community at large too...