著者: tilt
To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] Package Versions

Am 30.01.2015 um 03:49 schrieb Adam Borowski:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 09:39:19PM +0000, Noel Torres wrote:
> [...]
>> Given that, if we pin our repository to 1001, it will
>> always have bigger priority than Debian's, even if Debian
>> version is higher than ours, and even if we are trying to
>> downgrade from a higher Debian version to a lower Devuan
>> one.
>
> I don't think you should force a downgrade -- if the system
> is on Devuan, a higher version being installed means an
> intentional user action. Thus, a pin above 500 but less
> than 990 would be appropriate.

I second not using pin-priority 1001 or above.

1001 is what many admins (not reading into the details) use
to make sure their decisions override whatever is
preinstalled/preconfigured. It's basically advertised all
over the web as the "override everything else" priority.

If something preconfigured uses priority 1001, it's bound to
cause confusion if not frustration.

Kind regards,
tilt