:: [Squatconf] Squatconf 2, Kickoff
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jérôme Loï
Aan: squatconf
Onderwerp: [Squatconf] Squatconf 2, Kickoff
Hi there, Some of us started to talk about the 2nd edition of squatconf, and this mailing list if a perfect point to start a broader discussion about it and share the infos for the one that was not there

what was actually talked about :

Location :

- BARCELONA
- Amsterdam (ping realitygaps, webmind)
- London (ping joates)

i would favour Barcelona, but finding the venue is the biggest issue there so let's see

Date / duration :

- may (2-05-2015 t/m 10-05-2015 <-- dutch holiday week)
- june

May would require more work, since it is closer but would fit Amsterdam perfectly
June would give a bit more time

August is definitely out for obvious CCC reasons

Now the biggest question is who would we love to have on board !

obviously the whole previous gang, but as started i would add

- Pieter Hintjens
- Vinay Gupta
- non pure tech talks

Duration

I would love 2 days, one felt really short

Cool things to have for this edition

- More space for housing people (speakers/attendee)
- workshops

to add to the discussion here is what from an organisation pov worked or not in the first edition

worked well

- speakers (I'm still amazed by what happened )
- no schedule nor organisation =)
- venue
- venue location
- venue size / attendee
- number of attendee
- speakers hosting
- piggy backing a big event (thanks dot.js ^^)

didn't work / not implemented

- speaker hosting (not enough room/speaker !! but i loved it so much)
- attendee hosting / help to host
- workshops
- interaction with the squat (they gave us more than we gave back we should help hack squats !)
- speaker fee taken care of
- goodies
- releasing the videos

thing that magically worked

- wifi (thanks to leloop the hangar wifi infrastructure worked like a charm)
- video (joepie magic inside)
- after hacking at the loop

these point are to take in account for the next edition but i won't go into detail for now.

the rest is up to us .

/discuss

PS : it is also this mailing list kick off mail so hello and welcome to all !
PS2 : since most of the people here helped in a way or another organising the first one, so thanks again for that and see you all soon for the next ones