:: Re: [Dng] sugestion apulse as pulse…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] sugestion apulse as pulseaudio replcement
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:16:08 +0100
"Javier Ortega Conde (Malkavian)" <malkavian666@???> wrote:

> Hi Sean:
>
> > I would love to see jack as a default or as an optional package
> > with sane defaults. If pulse is really needed,it works as a jack
> > client. I have to kill -9 pulse frequently as it leaks badly and
> > won't die; jack only goes crazy when I misconfigure it.
> >
> I would love to to have Jack as default. I use it in my personal
> computer and it works like a charm.

Guys, in the past I've tried to get Jack running about four or five
times, and never succeeded. This included the sound studio version of
Ubuntu. I'm sure that Jack is perfect for the dedicated sound
enthusiast, but for the average guy, Jack just might be the only thing
that could cause more failure than Pulse. Jack is very, very
complicated.

SteveT