:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Documentation on N…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Eric Voskuil
Aan: Amir Taaki, libbitcoin@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Libbitcoin] Documentation on New Subscribe Stuff in libbitcoin-server (formerly Obelisk)
Can you provide some more detail on the "Protocol format" section?

Obviously all sizes are bytes, so the valid values for bitsize would be
[0..255].

Blocks (the value of N) would therefore be restricted by the parser to
[0..32], with the last bit of 32 bytes not addressable. If the protocol
was ever expanded to include a 256 bit hash (i.e. for a tx search), this
would become a pertinent question. In the presumed implementation one
would be precluded from specifying all bits. By the same token the
current design prevents one from specifying no bits (get all). Not an
issue, just clarifying.

For stealth I would expect bitsize to be restricted to [0..32] and for
address [0..160]. Therefore the number of blocks required on the wire
would be round_up(bitsize/8) for a max of 4 for stealth and 20 for address.

I'm assuming above that the version byte is not expected on the wire -
that we are only transmitting the pubkey hash, please confirm.

The last question is the what is the expected ordering of the bits/bytes
on the wire?