:: Re: [Dng] libsysdev preview
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Isaac Dunham
A: Steve Litt
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] libsysdev preview
On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 10:32:39AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> Cool Jude!
>
> As a member of the "minimum dependencies" crew, I just have to ask:
> Would libsysdev, libdevq et al already be installed on a native Systemd
> installation? It's important that vdev be easily installable, without
> too much dependency hell.
>
> Please tell me when vdev is ready for testing on systems like
> Manjaro-systemd and CentOS. I'll derive great satisfaction from further
> incursions into Redhat's territory.

Realistically, libsysdev will almost certainly not be preinstalled on a
systemd based installation in the near future. It may well not be
preinstalled *anywhere* for several months, if it does catch on.

libsysdev is not intended to have any requirements beyond a libc that
supports POSIX 2001 (_XOPEN_SOURCE=600) and _ATFILE_SOURCE.
That is equivalent to POSIX 2008 (_XOPEN_SOURCE=700), and should be
available since glibc 2.4 or in any version of musl.

Yes, I'm in favor of minimal dependencies. If a command-line tool needs
more than libc, I start wondering why.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham