:: Re: [Dng] libsysdev preview
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jude Nelson
À: Steve Litt
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [Dng] libsysdev preview
Hi Steve,

That's the plan :). However, one aspect of replacing udev with vdev is
making a libudev compatibility library that will let us use exiting
programs and libraries (like Mesa) without having to patch them. This
libudev-compat will probably make use of libsysdev and possibly OS-specific
libraries like libdevq, and for inspiration I was looking at what other OSs
do to address the lack of udev (it seems they have been patching out
libudev support so far, but it also looks like this is getting harder and
harder). If possible, I'd write libudev-compat so that it won't even
depend on vdev--ideally, people could use it with a static /dev if they
wanted, or some other non-Linux device manager like devfs.

-Jude