:: Re: [Dng] UEFI, GPT
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: T.J. Duchene
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] UEFI, GPT
Just my 2 cents on the whole issue of UEFI and Grub...Everyone should
take the time to learn what UEFI is and how it works. The time and
headaches you save later are worth it.

1. Not all versions of UEFI are created equal. If you have never used
UEFI, I seriously suggest that you find out if you can update your
firmware.
2. A lot of older computer boards will NOT boot Windows x64 properly
with Grub 2.x. This stems entirely from a firmware issue that cannot be
easily fixed. I've seen it before and tested it thoroughly.

3. If you have Windows or Linux installed in UEFI mode, you MUST install
the other in the same fashion if you expect Grub to dual-boot properly.