著者: rlfrost
To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] UEFI, GPT
The shorthand is mine. I apologize for that. The computers I cite are
UEFI computers. Debian installs fine. It is the boot issue that needs
to be addressed. I think my point is that Devuan will not have to do
anything to address this issue. Sorry for any confusion.

RLFrost

Just to clear up the EFI misconception, Debian can be installed on EFI computers.

it's my understanding that EFI is actually a deprecated precursor to UEFI.

from wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface):

> Intel developed the original EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface) specification. Some of the EFI's practices and data formats mirror those from Microsoft Windows.[5][6] In 2005, UEFI deprecated EFI 1.10 (the final release of EFI). The Unified EFI Forum manages the UEFI specification.

-Gravis