:: Re: [Dng] What to do with udev? Som…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: karl
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] What to do with udev? Some ideas...
Isaac:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:29:15AM -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 03:03:50PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote
> > > On 31.12.2014 10:59, Jude Nelson wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > yeah, sooner or later there'll need to do a full fork.
> > > we should get in contact with them (I just posted a first mail onto
> > > their maillist).
> >
> > Hi; I read that post. Has anyone here considered "mdev" from the
> > busybox package? I'm not a C/C++ programmer, just a Gentoo user,
> > but I've been able to replace udev with mdev on my home machines. I was
> > the ****-disturber who started up the wiki page...
> > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev
>
> Yes, mdev has been mentioned numerous times on this list.
>
> I tried following that page or a related one to set up X11 sans udev on
> Debian, but never got keyboard input working.
> (Wondering about configuration/if I need to recompile Mesa and X...).

Since I for some reason got a very new graphics car, and no udev,
I've made

http://turkos.aspodata.se/computing/sketchy_notes_on_X_install

///

I'll investigate how to make an udev-less X, then you are free to use
whatever *dev you like (but without device automation).

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148