:: Re: [Dng] Jessie without systemd
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Go Linux
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng, Renaud OLGIATI
Aihe: Re: [Dng] Jessie without systemd
On Mon, 1/12/15, Renaud OLGIATI <renaud@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Dng] Jessie without systemd
To: dng@???
Date: Monday, January 12, 2015, 1:56 PM

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:28:38 -0800

Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:

>> The shutdown sequence did not stop to allow for removal of the disk. Instead it immediately rebooted the CD and >> there was no option in the menu to restart/reboot. It was a messy shutdown from the big button which I don't want
>> to do again. This ungraceful exit needs to be fixed.

> Easy to sidestep on a reasonably modern motherboard: configure BIOS to boot first from HD, and when needed F8 at > bot time to choose alternate booting source like CD/DVD or USB.

> Cheers,

> Ron.

How is that helpful when the live disk did not even go to the BIOS on restart? The shutdown sequence was still on screen when it rebooted to the DVD. Usually the shutdown sequence stops and there is a message to remove cd/dvd from the drive and press <enter> to continue. The instant reboot took me by surprise.