Til: unsystem
Emne: Re: [unSYSTEM] Paris violence
"In 1860, Occitan speakers represented more than 39% of the whole French
population (52% for francophones proper); they were still 26% to 36% in
the 1920s and fewer than 7% in 1993."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occitan_language

"Vergonha is being made to reject and feel ashamed of one's (or one's
parents') non-French language through official exclusion, humiliation at
school and rejection from the media as organized and sanctioned by
French political leaders"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vergonha

Crazy to think that an identity was eliminated through state oppression
in under a century.