:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Silk Road Trial is s…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: odinn
À: unsystem
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] Silk Road Trial is starting.
Please note, Julia, if you are doing notes for a video, I have a....
somewhat contrary point of view (I do not particularly agree with
graeber's descriptions though I do understand people's excitement
about Rojava), nor do I agree with the broad-brush "revolutionary"
characterizations" which have been used here... at any rate, there is
a book, I cited earlier in this thread, in which I have (on this list)
heavily relied upon aforementioned book about the Taliban which took
20-21 years to write and was published just before 9/11 if I was not
mistaken. I think I mentioned it as part of a post about a week ago
or so, although I forget exactly what date. I do not presently have
it in hand due to my location, but the title and page citations I used
are part of this thread. The author was Ahmed Rashid, an incredible
author. Please feel free to use this comment or my earlier comment(s)
in the thread as part of your video development of course, as I don't
agree with the enthusiastic portrayals of what's happening in Rojava /
Cizîrê as "revolutionary," but I acknowledge the wide variety of
thought on the issue is altogether valid. Again, see my earlier post...

Julia Tourianski:
> I know, have been saving all of your notes. Will do a video. On Jan
> 7, 2015 9:02 PM, "Amir Taaki" <genjix@???> wrote:
>
>> Hey please do some Rojava stuff. What's happening there is
>> ground-breaking and revolutionary. Some examples:
>>
>> * The army is a people's militia, highly autonomous mobile units
>> relying on stealth and surprise.
>>
>> http://www.janes.com/article/43030/analysis-ypg-the-islamic-state-s-worst-enemy

* Everybody is being trained to be police, and encouraged to actively