:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Help me design an …
Góra strony
Autor: William Swanson
Dla: Amir Taaki
CC: libbitcoin@lists.dyne.org
Temat: Re: [Libbitcoin] Help me design an improved algorithm for this code: poller
The way Bitcoin core handles this (at least in the latest version) is
to first download all the block headers, which is reasonably fast and
not as sensitive to delays. Then, once they have a full chain, they
start fetching the individual blocks and storing them in whatever
order they arrive.

I realize that your data structures probably work best when the blocks
are in a particular order, so maybe create an "incoming block queue"
for blocks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, which then get validated and stored once
block 1 actually arrives. You know which block is which because you
already have the headers.

-William