:: Re: [Dng] Wheezy
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Wheezy
On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 01:06:18AM +0000, t.j.duchene@??? wrote:
> Thank you, Hendrik.
>
> That is what I assumed you would find. I’m not overreacting per se. I freely admit, I’ve not looked at the code to see how well it functions independently. I also do not know for certain that it is a recent addition. I do not recall seeing it in previous Wheezy releases as a default package.
>
> My concern is two-fold:
>
> 1) Are they adding new code that was not in the original Wheezy release for the sake of Jesse upgrades?
> 2) Have they become so enamored of systemd that the maintainers see it as a solution to problems in Wheezy rather than patching the pre-existing code?
>
> If any of these answers turn out to be “yes” using Wheezy may be problematic later. Obviously, if number either of these cases are true, it can lead to stability questions. It could also be true that it has been there all along and I somehow missed seeing it, although I’ve installed Wheezy many times and that seems unlikely.

I looked it up in packages.debian.org.
systemd-login0 is in both wheezy and wheezy-backports, with different
version numbers.

It is deprecated in jessie and sid, and rc-buggy in experimental.

It is not in squeeze.

My guess is that it got into squeeze long ago, in the days of
systemd-innocence.

Is there any way to track the history of a package and its adoption
into different releases?

-- hendrik