:: Re: [Dng] Wheezy
Top Pagina
Auteur: Clarke Sideroad
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Wheezy
I recently unintentionally installed systemd and a bunch of the related
tentacles.

It was a new Wheezy install w/XFCE from a DVD I figured I'd be safe from
systemd with wheezy, but for some hardware (AMD A10-7850K Kaveri) I
needed a newer kernel and so I enabled "backports".

I obviously was not paying enough attention and updated from the net
more than I intended, I think from that point on my install was poisoned.
Without the "backports" I have a feeling it but haven't confirmed it
would have been OK.

I ended up wiping it and doing a net install from sid and removed
systemd from that instead.
My figuring was that I was going to have wrestle with systemd anyway and
a sid install had newer software some of which I was going to have to
add to Wheezy to get things working.

It was a bit of a wake up call for me as it made me realize that for
more recent hardware continued use of Wheezy to avoid systemd may not be
as simple as it first seems.

Clarke