:: Re: [Dng] Release roadmap
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Go Linux
A: dng, Franco Lanza
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Release roadmap
On Sun, 1/4/15, Franco Lanza <nextime@???> wrote:

Subject: [Dng] Release roadmap
To: dng@???
Date: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 12:03 AM

As many already known,
i will be unreliable next week, and this will cause a little bit
of slow down in the package repository population.

Sorry for that, but my primary job is calling me for a week long trip
i cannot postpone.

Anyway, i want to let you know the roadmap i have for the release of
what i consider the "alpha" version of devuan jessie.

Firt of all, this alpha release will NOT yet include loginkit nor eudev by
default, as they are not yet ready for use, hoping they can be an option
for the release, for the moment we prefer to let developers do they're
work.

It will have of course no systemd, sysvinit as default, many core
packages rebuilt to remove systemd and libsystemd0 dependencies, xfce4
as default desktop.

Gnome3 will be installable, but it will use systemd-shim, a temporary
workaround waiting for loginkit or other solution to arise.

I will be back in january, 13, and then i will immediatly start to work
hard on make it real before the end of january.

We will probably have the repository populated with all needed packages
for friday 23 january, and the first iso installer is scheduled for
saturday 31 january.

If anyone want to contribute by assuming the role of devuan maintainer
for one or more package that actually in debian depend on something from
systemd, please drop me an email to nextime@??? with subject
"devuan package maintainer" and specify which package you want to
maintain, a little description of your competences, and your account
name on git.devuan.org.

Seeya next week!

Thanks to you and everyone on the Devuan team for all your hard work. It's an excellent idea to get the ball rolling with XFCE and a not yet fully systemd-free Gnome. That will come in time. Meanwhile, we'll have something to test which will help to move things forward.

Safe travels and see you next week. :)

golinux