:: Re: [Dng] NetworkManager alternativ…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Martinx - ジェームズ
A: Isaac Dunham
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] NetworkManager alternative
On 26 December 2014 at 23:55, Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc@???>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have compiled Econnman from Enlightenment project, its is a GUI for
> Connman but, I still did not tested it in deep.
>
> It is hosted at my Ubuntu PPA: `ppa:martinx/enlightenment`.
>
> Maybe, if we stick with Enlightenment for Devuan Desktop, it might be a
> really good idea to use it, since it is integrated with this environment
> (that only uses systemd as an option, can be easily disabled).
>
> Best!
> Thiago

Hi!

I just removed both "network-manager and network-manager-gnome" from my
Ubuntu 14.10 and installed `econnman` + `connman` (from my own PPA =
`ppa:martinx/enlightenment`).

So far, so good! It is working with both WiFi and Ethernet connections. I
have a Macbook Air Intel (yes, I don't use OSX on my Mac... hehe)...

I have IPv4 and IPv6 in my home, both IP versions are working with
`Econnman`. And I need to say that it is better than Network Manager,
mostly because it doesn't face this problem:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1101825

I'll never come back to Network Manager again! YAY! No more IPv6
problems... And it is fully integrated with my preferred DE, which is
Enlightenment! ^_^

NOTE: I moved back to `upstart` because a `connman` dependency, called
`ofono`, wasn't working with systemd. So, it might be ideal for Devuan...

Cheers!
Thiago