:: Re: [Dng] vdev update and design do…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Luke Diamand
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] vdev update and design document
Interesting read, thanks!

The ACL logic though doesn't seem quite right.

Having to do SHA digests on binaries to be sure you're granting access
to the right program doesn't seem correct at all. It's fragile: if the
program is updated with a new version it will stop working until the ACL
is updated, and if it starts using a helper program that will have to be
added to the ACL as well.

I wonder if it's possible to use session-id instead?

Looking quickly through the code, I couldn't see any way that it can
*revoke* access. i.e. you've got a session for user 'A', and then switch
to a new session for user 'B'. User 'A' should no longer have access to
things like the microphone, or the camera. If they've already got
/dev/video0 opened, then their file descriptor needs to be closed (or
rendered inoperative in some other way).

Luke