:: Re: [Dng] HNY
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] HNY
On Thu, Jan 01, 2015 at 04:17:53PM +0100, Jaromil wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jan 2015, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
>
> > On 01.01.2015 12:47, Lev wrote:
> > > Happy 2015 for all (INIT) Freedom lovers!
> > >
> > > Long live Devuan!
> >
> > dito
>
> allright: look around, we are definitely there to stay!
> great to have this diverse and crafty group of people rounding up.
>
> just please be patient as things are adjusting and the environment we
> share will get better and better. everyone busy on Devuan right now is
> focusing very much on delivering something ASAP (we do need to match
> substance with the great attention this project is getting) plus in the
> next few days we will open more channels for interaction.
>
> It will take a few more months for Devuan to become a full fledged
> distro and I'm sure those who have experience of such things understand
> why and what.
>
> the 2014 is the year of birth of Devuan and now 2015 will be the year of
> acceleration for the project. starting from the very first days! as I
> understand Nextime is pushing through the very last bits of his new
> year's hacking session to get a ISO and minimal set of packages up &
> running for everyone to try. So rest assured silence does not mean
> inactivity.

Minimal set of packages ... Let me hope. Does that mean we'll be able
to point sources.list to a new repository and gradually transition from Debian's
Jessie to Devuan's?

I've already banished systemd from my Jessie but not yet libsystemd0.

> Happy new Gregorian year and happy hacking everyone! this is the time
> for experimentation and for architecture and design decisions to be put
> forward and to be challenged.
>
> > > 73!
>

> p.s. interesting enough , the more I go around "fixing friends
> computers" during vacation (you know the old blues of the computer
> dudes) and the more I meet situations in which systemd and related stuff
> are the problem and substituting GNOME3 to something else is the
> solution.

You must have a different friends from me. When my friens need help it
always turns out they're running Windows or Mac. No systemd in sight,
as far as I know.

> Perhaps this project is not just driven by geeky needs,
> perhaps a lot of desktop users who are right now into Debian and Ubuntu
> will badly need to start walking this route. Perhaps Devuan is the right
> thing to do right now, perhaps it could have even been done a couple
> years earlier...

Before anyone knew it would be necessary it wouldn't have garnered as
much interest.

> however now, looking forward to install Devuan 1.0 in 2015.

Indeed. Thanks.