:: Re: [Dng] Packaging system
Página Inicial
Autor: t.j.duchene
Para: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assunto: Re: [Dng] Packaging system
I just wanted to post this for consideration. I’m not looking to rehash old posts, but Devuan is at the moment finding its legs. I feel that this is a valid concern that may arise in Devuan’s future. I think it should be discussed openly.

http://threatpost.com/debian-announces-end-of-security-support-for-iceape/103203

Assuming that we follow upstream Debian “en masse”, do we have the resources to for vetting every upstream package that Debian provides or are we going to simply take them on faith and try to keep sync with Debian’s patches?

I’ve often advocated the idea that Devuan should focus on a “core” and leave the rest of Debian to interested parties willing to maintain it. Regardless of the outcome of that discussion, the update and security model should be visited at some point.