:: [Dng] libudev and device querying
Forside
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Til: dng
Gamle-emner: Re: [Dng] What to do with udev? Some ideas...
Emne: [Dng] libudev and device querying
On 31.12.2014 13:44, Matteo Panella wrote:
> On 31/12/2014 13:16, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
>> hmm, which ones for example ?
>> maybe we should have a deeper look into them.
>
> Accounting for direct rdeps alone:
>
> (jessie-amd64)morpheus@vingilot:~$ apt-cache rdepends libudev1 libgudev-1.0-0
> libudev1
> Reverse Depends:

<snip>

Wow, that's a _really_ long list.

Just did a little bit of digging. File managers seem to use it for
querying available devices for mounting. IMHO, these tasks should
be moved to an separate agent, which can be called via some simple
command line interface - each device manager then should supply it's
own implementation for that command.

What do you think about that ?

cu
--