:: Re: [Dng] What to do with udev? Som…
Góra strony
Autor: Matteo Panella
Dla: dng
Nowe tematy: [Dng] libudev and device querying
Temat: Re: [Dng] What to do with udev? Some ideas...
On 31/12/2014 13:16, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> hmm, which ones for example ?
> maybe we should have a deeper look into them.

Accounting for direct rdeps alone:

(jessie-amd64)morpheus@vingilot:~$ apt-cache rdepends libudev1 libgudev-1.0-0
libudev1
Reverse Depends:
libxwiimote2
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
xserver-xorg-video-modesetting
xserver-xorg-video-intel
xserver-xorg-video-radeon
xserver-xorg-input-evdev
xserver-xorg-core
xserver-xorg-input-xwiimote
xserver-xorg-input-wacom
xboxdrv
xbmc-bin
weston
libwaffle-1-0
vlc-nox
v4l-utils
urfkill
upstart
libumockdev0
udisks
udevil
udev
systemd-dbg
libudev-dev
libgudev-1.0-0
system-config-printer-udev
spacefm-gtk3
spacefm
sflphone-daemon
scanbd
qwbfsmanager
libqt5serialport5
libqtsysteminfo1
qthid-fcd-controller
libqt5gui5
libqextserialport1
qasmixer
qashctl
python3-pyudev
python-pyudev
pulseaudio
plymouth
petitboot-twin
petitboot
pcscd
openambit
libambit0
olpc-kbdshim
ofono
multipath-tools
mountall
libgl1-mesa-glx
libgbm1
libegl1-mesa-drivers
libegl1-mesa
lvm2
liblvm2cmd2.02
liblvm2app2.2
libdevmapper1.02.1
clvm
usbip
linphone-nogtk
linphone
liblinphone5
libzypp
libvirt-daemon
libusb-1.0-0
libserialport0
libopenusb0
libinput5
libcec2
libatasmart4
libsolid4
kde-workspace-bin
intel-gpu-tools
higan
libhidapi-hidraw0
gvfs-daemons
gvfs
libguvcview-1.0-0
libgstreamer-vaapi1.0-0
libgnome-bluetooth13
gnome-bluetooth
flightgear
libeeze1
consolekit
libcolord2
libclutter-1.0-0
chromium
calibre-bin
libbluetooth3
bluez
bfgminer
libgudev-1.0-0
Reverse Depends:
xfburn
urfkill
upower
umockdev
udisks2
udisks
thunar-volman
thunar
libgudev-1.0-dev
gir1.2-gudev-1.0
simple-scan
shotwell
rhythmbox-plugins
rhythmbox-plugin-cdrecorder
rhythmbox
librhythmbox-core8
python-gudev
libnm-gtk0
network-manager
libnm-glib4
modemmanager
libwacom2
libmbim-glib4
libgusb2
indicator-session
handbrake
gxine
gvfs-daemons
gvfs-backends
libgudev1.0-cil
gstreamer1.0-plugins-good
gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
gnome-settings-daemon
gnome-boxes
gnomad2
gimp
gammu
entangle
empathy
colord
cinnamon-settings-daemon
libcheese7

That's an awful lot of *binary* packages and I'm not even taking
downstream rdeps into account (eg. a consumer of libusb-1.0-0 assuming
that the latter was built with udev support).

Simply put, libudev isn't going away any time soon, so the current best
option is making sure that eudev works as a drop-in replacement.

Regards,
--
Matteo Panella