:: Re: [Dng] What to do with udev? Som…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Go Linux
A: dng, dima
Asunto: Re: [Dng] What to do with udev? Some ideas...
How many times do we have to suffer from receiving this identical email? dima, please turn the automation OFF!

Subject: Re: [Dng] What to do with udev? Some ideas...
To: dng@???
Date: Saturday, December 27, 2014, 4:43 AM

You can't just switch to vdev,
because many packages depend on libudev. Only udev and eudev
provide it.

eudev is the only realistic option right now, because it's a
drop-in replacement. Moreover, it's the only udev
alternative with feature-parity.

By the way, I'm not sure whether vdev is ready for the prime
time.

On Thu, 25 Dec 2014 22:26:49 -0500
"Martinx - ジェームズ" <thiagocmartinsc@???>
wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm wondering here about what to do with `udev`, which

is `systemd` in
> fact...
>
> What about this:
>

> 1- Rename current `udev` package to `systemd-udev`;
>
> 2- Add `vdev`;
>
> 3- Add `eudev`;
>
> 4- Add `mdev`;
>
> 4- Create a new Metapackage called `udev`, that will

Depends on `eudev |
> vdev | mdev | systemd-udev`.
>

> This will be very similar to the new `init` Metapackage

on Jessie, that
> Depends on `systemd-sysv | sysvinit-core | upstart`.
>
> What do you guys think?
>
> Also, I would like to know more about the quality of

`eudev` and if it
> worth keeping it, since `systemd` developers will

remove its "netlink"
> support (am I right)? Then, `systemd-udev` will depends

on `systemd` as
> PID1 in the future (through KDBUS, if I'm not wrong),

making it very hard

--
Dima Krasner <dima@???>
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----