:: Re: [Dng] Gnome
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Mauro Cicio
À: Martinx - ジェームズ
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Gnome
> ... Xfce ...
> ... Enlightenment ...

Well, I am using fluxbox myself, but I wouldn't mind if it was not
available from day 1: I can still compile it, if I really want it. The same
is very likely true for most of the people in this list: we can live
without our pet WM out of the box, but we are not ready to give up the
philosophical principles behind *nix ("do 1 thing and do it right") and the
freedom that comes with the "free as in speech" part of the FSF GNU.

The main goal we should strive for here is to have a two steps release
process, not to lose the momentum. E.g.:
- Devuan - server release / Devuan - desktop release
or
- Devuan - base release / Devuan - GNOME release
or
- ...

The point being: if there is a reasonable and pubic release plan, we can
keep the momentum while not losing the interest of the GNOME audience,
which can be interested in jumping to Devuan at a later point in time.
Characterizing Devuan as anti-GNOME or - on the other end of he spectrum -
making it GNOME dependent seem to be a bad ideas at this stage.

Cheers,
Mauro