:: Re: [Dng] Gnome
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Clarke Sideroad
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] Gnome
I think this whole CLI - GUI thing causes a lot more polarization than
it should.
There are I'm sure a lot of people like myself who use the linux desktop
day to day, have no problem dealing with the command line or
administering a few boxes.
A lot of desktop users are long term geeks, nerds and computer weirdos
who don't fit into the Gnome/Redhat "Future of the Desktop" mold.

Any day now Gnome/Redhat/systemd imagine they are going to dominate the
whole Linux Desktop.

The consumer interface pie has largely been eaten, when chance for the
"Year of the Linux Desktop" happened everybody was too busy laughing at
Microsoft and watching mobiles.

The GNU/Linux desktop end of things is a very tiny piece of the whole
world computer pie, Internet and otherwise.
It is also a fractional piece of the dedicated Linux boxes out there.

I think it is important that when logic takes back over and the train
gets aligned back on the tracks that we don't alienate entirely the red
hatted, gnome desktopped, minority in their systemd dream world. I
think it is crucial that the parallel world with its
controlledconfusiond can exist as both an example and as a mental
sandbox for those so inclined.

Now THAT is the beauty of Linux.

Clarke