:: Re: [Dng] Gnome
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Klaus Hartnegg
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Gnome
Am 28.12.2014 21:47, schrieb Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI:
> OTOH desktop users that will be attracted to Devuan will also be in
> majority the same who also already renounced Gnome and Kde.

Very likely yes. But still the largest number of all is probably server
admins. Linux is mostly a server OS anyway, and desktop users probably
care less about the init system than server admins do.

Am 28.12.2014 22:02, schrieb Dima Krasner:
> IMHO, if we're *technically* able to deliever GNOME, we definitely
> should do that

YES!

The suggestion of the OP was not to drop Gnome, but to avoid a delay by
"get Devuan up and running with DEs/WMs that are not so entangled with
systemd, then tackle Gnome once the basic structure is in place".

Does anybody have an idea how many server admins, and how many desktop
users are interested in Devuan?

Klaus