:: [unSYSTEM] The YPG: anarchist gueri…
Góra strony
Autor: Amir Taaki
Dla: System undo crew
Temat: [unSYSTEM] The YPG: anarchist guerilla army (Rojava / Syrian Kurdistan)
Article on the YPG using swarming tactics and fast movement to
outmanoeuvre their enemy:

http://www.janes.com/article/43030/analysis-ypg-the-islamic-state-s-worst-enemy

"Relying on speed, stealth, and surprise, it is the archetypal guerrilla
army, able to deploy quickly to front lines and concentrate its forces
before quickly redirecting the axis of its attack to outflank and ambush
its enemy. The key to its success is autonomy. Although operating under
an overarching tactical rubric, YPG brigades are inculcated with a high
degree of freedom and can adapt to the changing battlefield."

Video of YPG in action showing how they move around and fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDxE4hvfGcM&feature=youtu.be

Article by David Graeber who recently visited Rojava:
"No. This is a Genuine Revolution",

https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/no-this-is-a-genuine-revolution/

"The major powers have commitmented themselves to an ideology that say
real revolutions can no longer happen. Meanwhile, many on the left, even
the radical left, seem to have tacitly adopted a politics which assumes
the same, even though they still make superficially revolutionary
noises. They take a kind of puritanical “anti-imperialist” framework
that assumes the significant players are governments and capitalists and
that’s the only game worth talking about. The game where you wage war,
create mythical villains, seize oil and other resources, set up
patronage networks; that’s the only game in town."

A truer quote. I've seen this trumpeted often by so-called activists as
inexcuse for action- that the game is out of our hands, a kind of
passive counter-productive fatalism that passes off revolutionary
potential as ploys by the CIA on a grand world stage.

"One of the first places we visited was a police academy (Asayiş).
Everyone had to take courses in non-violent conflict resolution and
feminist theory before they were allowed to touch a gun. The
co-directors explained to us their ultimate aim was to give everyone in
the country six weeks of police training, so that ultimately, they could
eliminate police."
= everyone should be the police :)

"It was remarkable. I’ve spent my life thinking about how we might be
able to do things like this in some remote time in the future and most
people think I’m crazy to imagine it will ever be. These people are
doing it now. If they prove that it can be done, that a genuinely
egalitarian and democratic society is possible, it will completely
transform people’s sense of human possibility. Myself, I feel ten years
younger just having spent 10 days there."

"Capitalists have made a mighty effort these past 30 or 40 years to
convince people that current economic arrangements – not even
capitalism, but the peculiar, financialized, semi-feudal form of
capitalism we happen to have today- is the only possible economic
system. They’ve put for more effort into that than they have into
actually creating a viable global capitalist system."