:: [Dng] What to do with udev? Some id…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Martinx - ジェームズ
À: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: [Dng] What to do with udev? Some ideas...
Guys,

I'm wondering here about what to do with `udev`, which is `systemd` in
fact...

What about this:

1- Rename current `udev` package to `systemd-udev`;

2- Add `vdev`;

3- Add `eudev`;

4- Add `mdev`;

4- Create a new Metapackage called `udev`, that will Depends on `eudev |
vdev | mdev | systemd-udev`.

This will be very similar to the new `init` Metapackage on Jessie, that
Depends on `systemd-sysv | sysvinit-core | upstart`.

What do you guys think?

Also, I would like to know more about the quality of `eudev` and if it
worth keeping it, since `systemd` developers will remove its "netlink"
support (am I right)? Then, `systemd-udev` will depends on `systemd` as
PID1 in the future (through KDBUS, if I'm not wrong), making it very hard
to keep `eudev` up to date. Source:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-May/019657.html

I would like to evaluate `vdev` soon as possible.

Best!
Thiago